Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Chef Chan Restaurant

Due to the increase of our car parts sales, we have a mini celebration in this restaurant situated at Odeon Tower, next to Carlton Hotel on mon nite. Before going for the dinner, my colleague had already sent out an email saying that this Chef Chan is quite a famous chef among the Asia countries. He won like quite a lot of awards and was a chef in well-known singapore hotels like Pan Pacific and Hua Ting Restuarant in Orchard Hotel. He had since written his own cookbook and his third one is to be published somewhere this year! I heard his book is like costing $300 over man, that is so kua chang la! Now, he own his own restaurant but apparently it is going to close down at the end of May and will be opening a private restaurant. Hahah, when I was reading the email, I was thinking to myself "Oh man, I wonder if the food is gonna taste good? Why did my colleague proposed to have the celebration there? That is so weird!" Isn't that irony? He was so called to be famous but his restaurant is going to close down? I was so looking forward to the dinner man cos that email was quite interesting lol! So, we went to the restaurant and the dinner started at around 7.30pm. The restaurant ambience was not bad, it has this chi-na chi-na layout, with a lot of chinese couplet etc..., quite cosy... We were then served with the first dish - fried sotong. I took it and place into my mouth... Gosh, it is so delicious man, the outside is crispy and the inside is chewy. Are you drooling already? Hahha. Subsequently, we have soup, pork ribs, salted chicken, fish, veg, prawn, fried vermicili, sesame red bean thingy ha forgot wat is it called. So so so nice lor. I like the wasabi prawn, so unique and delicious. It was definitely a nice dinner, worth goin!

No comments: