Monday, April 16, 2007

Bad news...

I was informed by my mother that my grandmother fell down from the stairs this afternoon and my heart just sanked and my mind was in a whirl... My mother and I was talking about it just now and both of us think that the reason of the fall was because one of her brother just passed away and another was hospitalised a few days ago, she was not at herself, she missed the step, had the fall and fractured her right arm. Thank God that it was nothing too too serious. Having hearing such news always affected me greatly especially when it is someone close and dear to me. I will always be reminded of the time when my dad pass away few years ago, but trust me, I have already let it go but somehow I will eventually think of my dad. I really thank God for sustaining my dad's life for around 8 yrs after he was dignosed cancer. He is actually a great testimony to my friends and people around me. 1996: My dad was diagnosed nose cancer, he fought this battle for 2-3 years and God healed him! 2000: He was dignosed liver cancer, fought the battle for 4 years and was called home on 23 Nov 2004. It was tough for the whole family then trying to pay off all the expensive hospital bills and withstanding the complainings from my dad cos of the pain. It was not easy and seeing him getting weaker day by day really broke our heart... However, all of us know that that is part of God's plan. We felt the peace in our heart when my dad was gone because we know that he is now safe in God's hand, not suffering anymore. When I heard the news of my grandmother, I got worried but at the same time I want to be strong so that I can be a support to my mother. I know that I need to be a strong Geraldine! I also know that worrying too much is useless and what I can do now is to pray and DON'T think too much... Therefore, whoever is reading this, please also join us in praying for her, pray that she will have peace in her heart and place all her worries unto Jesus.

Lord, let us have faith in you and trust that you will keep our grandmother safe in your arms.... Pray for the peace to be in my grandmother's heart and that you will be with her during this time of grieving. Pray that we will not worried so much and have a enjoyable trip in Taiwan! Destroy the negative thoughts in Jesus' Name right now and let us be strong like you. In JESUS name I pray, AMEN!

"We want to run to the altar and catch the fire, to stand in the gap between the living and the dead. Give us a heart of compassion and a world without vision, we will make a difference bringing hope to our land...."

No comments: