Friday, August 3, 2007

All the best Volkswagen INTERN

Today is the last day for the intern in our department. His name is Wei Xiong. I can describe him as a "gentle" guy, who behaves quite different from the friends that I know. I can say that his inner him is like a girl haha but I can guarantee you that he is 100% GUY!! Anyway, at the start I did have a struggle teaching him stuff because he tends to forget what I have taught him. I found a person that is more blur than me!!! lol!! He told me before that he don't really like working in that environment, being desk-bound therefore he dread of going to work everyday but guess what he went through these 6 months, applause for you man!! His role as a intern in our department is to do all his daily task which is quite a routine so this explains his agony and complaints. He will always follow whatever is written in the documentation so when certain situations occurred and if it is not the exact case as what is written in the documentation, he will say "I don't know how to do, it is not in the documentation..." Actually, the way of solving the problem is somehow similiar but I think he is just not flexible. This is the same as Maths some problem sum, the workings are the same but the scenario is not the same... Whenever he tells me this, I will like .... ok..... Hahah however, he did improve down the months, able to be take control of any situations and be pro-active! Another applause for him again!!! Seriously speaking, working with him is not that easy at the beginning maybe because I am too used to the working style of the previous intern, Jamie. She is really good and I can rely on her to do anything hahaa so I think this explains the expectation that I have for him. I just want to say sorry to him here for the times that I had treated him harshly. Time really flies, today is his last day and whenever an intern is leaving I will be a bit affected because whatever it is, I have spent the last 6 months with each one of them. I have built the friendship, the bond with each one of them. Natually I will feel sad because I will always remember the fun time we had during lunch/tea break. Haha, seriously I am already missing the times when we crap together but life still moves on... Haha..
Since today is his last day, I decided to release him some of the work so that he can feel more relax on his last day. When it is around 5:55pm, reality hits me because I know that next week the intern's sit will be empty haha ok I am not trying to be emotional here but this is just a sudden thought at that time. At this point of time, he came to my desk with his red eyes and with some tears rolling down his cheeks. I was like SHOCK!!! He is the first intern that cried on the last day!!! Seeing the tears rolling down, I was also affected and can you believe it, i cried with him!! He can even ask me "Why did you cry ah?" I was like, YOU made me cry la! I quickly called my colleague to save me from that situation. After that, both of us keep consoling him and keep telling him that he can always come back and visit us. He is quite funny lor, he apologise to us for being so emo that day... HAHAHA, I am so amazed man!! Just want to say all the best in your future endeavor....

No comments: