Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Take home chef

I was kind of bored at home last sat so I decided to whip up some dish for my lunch as I was too lazy to da pao and also to save $$ during this recession period!! I was having the craving for pasta (Yes always.. (",)) and I suddenly thot of Cafe Cartel's Pan-fried Macaroni so here's Chef Foo at work...

Ingredients needed
Pasta
1 Carrot
Few dried mushrooms
1 Tomato
1 Barbeque sauce
1 Peri-peri hot chilli sauce from "Nandos"
1 Egg



Step 1:
Wash the dried mushroom and soak in a bowl of water for around few minutes. After that, boil the mushroom. Next, use the same pot to cook the spagetti.










Step 2:
Cut the remaining ingredients, carrot and tomato. Beat the egg in a bowl and put all the ingredients in a bowl. Now its ready to be cooked!









Step 3:
Pour some olive oil onto the pan. Let it be heated for awhile before putting in the mushroom, carrot and tomato. Fry it over medium heat until all the food settle. Pour in the barbeque and peri-peri hot chilli sauce into the pan. Stir fry it for about 5-10mins. Next, add in the eggs, mix it with the other ingredients and continue to fry for the next 10mins until the egg turn golden brown. Lastly, put in the spagetti and fry together with the mixture until it is well mixed and cooked.








And the dish is out!! Look, does it look appealing and delicious? haha. Finally, round it up with a cup of coke and its done!



Conclusion
The taste is not bad but just that there are too many mushrooms and carrot for this plate of pasta that I bite until my whole mouth was tired.. haha. Therefore, I have to learn to have a proper estimation of the portion of these ingrdients. In addition, I should have first fried the egg until half-cooked then add on the rest of the ingredients. In this way, it will not be as messy as shown in the picture above. Well, all I can say that it is quite a good attempt :) I will do beter next time!! :) Yeah!

No comments: